- Have a star dual-threat accurate passing quarterback - The Wolfpack had Colin Kaepernick, and the Bulldogs have Aaron Murray.
- Have multiple power and speed running backs - The Bulldogs feature three running backs with power and speed: Richard Samuel, Ken Malcome and Isaiah Crowell.
- Don't have one receiver for the defense to key on - The Bulldogs have multiple receiver threats in 2011, and tight end Orson Charles may be the team's best receiver at 6'3" and 240 pounds.
- Have very large tight ends with high skill level - Georgia is known for its tight ends. The Bulldogs have the top tight ends in the country.
- Make sure your offensive line has no one under 300 pounds but is still athletic -Georgia's offensive line actually outweighs Nevada's 2010 line by 115 pounds.
- Have a very strong and fast defense - Georgia will have one of the top defenses in the SEC this year. The SEC has the best defense in the NCAA.
- Be able to play two senior special team players. Georgia has the best kicker/punter combo in the nation.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Nike needs to start printing up some more of the Erk Russell tribute shirts. By midnight every small, large, x-large, and xx-large Nike Georgia Bulldogs 2011 Pro Combat Rivalry Performance T-Shirt with the picture of the Bulldog's helmet with blood dripping from it had sold out online.
There will be shirts sold at some retailers as soon as tomorrow, but they will likely also sell out fast. Word is that these will be the only ones they print, so if you want one you need to call your local Foot Locker, Dick's or Hibbet Sports this morning to see if they get them and if they do you need to find out if they are gone.
As a little side note, if you want more proof that Nike went with an Erk Tribute for these shirts look at the back. Doesn't that look a little familiar? "Get After It" sure does sound a lot like "Get After Their Asses" and I could see why they wouldn't write the latter.
Maybe, if Nike is smart, they might see the profitability of reprinting these shirts and they could even think about changing the back from "Get After It" to "GATA". I sure as hell would buy one then.
Make sure you follow me @BrandonPledger
Monday, August 29, 2011
So it seems that I was right all along, Nike released the threads for the game against Boise State and it looks like there is blood dripping from face mask directly below the stripe.
Now I don't want to cause a ruckus but I was suspended from Bleacher Report because of this and I had a Twit fight with Anthony Dasher. I just want my name to be cleared, I don't want people to think that I made up the info that I received.
If I could just get 20 new followers on twitter over this that would be reason enough to write this. Please let's make this a positive thing for the uniform again and let's embrace the tribute to Erk Russell's bloody forehead.
Follow me @BrandonPledger , Sports-at-work, CollegeFootballFreaks, and Hedges to Hardwood in the near future.
Brandon Pledger's Preseason Top 25 College Football Teams and Another Great 2011 College Football Season Preview Video
This is how I feel the top 25 should sit right now. I opened up the comments to anonymous commenters. If we can keep it moderately clean I will keep it that way.
25. West Virginia
10. Boise State will lose one game this year.
9. Boise State won't make it to the National Championship.
8. UGA is exactly as advertised by the coaches, "ready".
7. Boise State will have to rely on a kicker to win a game.
6. Kellen Moore will resemble Kyle Zabransky from 2005.
5. Idaho becomes it's own country.
4. The Broncos relocate to a state where they can actually recruit.
3. The Broncos face Colin Kaepernick again. (Not really, but I'm sure it is still a fear.)
2. The Broncos hopes of an NCAA title end week one.
1. The Dawgs will crush Boise State 48-13, again.
When I saw this video I was floored by the quality, and then I was amazed at the tremendous job this guy did being fair to both sides. Great job!!!